Give your next event a little extra sparkle with Belly Dance by Razia!
Razia Star is an elegant and exciting performer with over a decade of professional dance experience under her (hip) belt. Based in Eugene, Oregon, she is a world-class entertainer and loves sharing the mystery, enchantment, and joy of this beautiful art form with audiences large and small! Whether you’re planning a casual backyard birthday party or an elaborate banquet, a performance by Razia Star will make your special occasion truly memorable. She can also offer customized ”taster lessons” for parties or Ladies Nights!
Razia is available to perform at family and cultural celebrations, weddings, dinner parties, bridal and baby showers, corporate events, festivals, and restaurants. Past clients include Girl Scouts of America, Symantec, Oregon State University, and Sainsburys (UK), as well as countless private parties, weddings, festivals and retreats. Contact Razia to discuss bringing the magic of belly dance to your next event!
Note: belly dance is family-friendly entertainment! Razia does not perform at bachelor parties.
Belly Dance is not just about showcasing technical prowess and dazzling costumes: it is about the art of transforming space by inhabiting the rhythm and melody with pure expressive joy. Razia Star embodies this art with grace and confidence.
Suggested Performance Packages:
- BellyGram (approx 15 minutes) – This short-but-sweet option is perfect for surprise parties and is essentially a condensed version of the Classic Show.
- Classic Show (approx 25 minutes) – A solo performance that packs a punch! Razia will seamlessly transition between various musical moods and tempos, and may include props such as veil, finger cymbals, Wings of Isis, fan veils, cane, or balancing sword. She can also include getting the guest of honor up to dance or audience participation!
- Two Shows (at least 1 hour) – For longer events or themed parties where just one performance isn’t enough! Razia will perform twice with a short break and a costume change in between shows.
- Lesson and a Show (1 hour) – This is a great option for bridal showers, Ladies Nights, or girl’s birthday parties. Razia will teach a fun and informative ”Belly Dance Taster” class and follow it up with a short performance in full costume. Given enough notice, Razia can also provide hip scarves or dance veils for the participants to keep for a small extra fee.
- Other Options? – Many details can be customized so don’t hesitate to ask! For example, while Razia is primarily a solo dancer she can arrange for duet, trio, or group performances as well as live music (additional fees will apply).
Razia’s performance fees start at $175.00 for bookings in Eugene. Price quotes will vary depending on length of show/lesson, travel, special dates (such as holidays) or number of performances requested. A non-refundable deposit is required for all advance bookings and a contract will be provided. Please visit her Frequently Asked Questions for more information, or contact Razia to discuss the details of your event.